Maui sportfishing, bottom fishing, snorkeling, seasonal whale watching, paddleboarding, SCUBA, you name it! the crew can arrange it.
Kaha Loa, is a U.S. Coast Guard certified, 26 ft Glacier Bay power catamaran departing from Mala Boat Ramp in Lahaina, Maui. She features:
- Twin hulls limit the amount of rock and roll. Kaha Loa offers a comfortable ride in most sea conditions.
- Open bow with lots of room to lay down up front to soak up the sun.
- Bimini top providing shade over the ample seating midships.
- Private toilet below deck.
- Freshwater shower for rinsing off the salt.
- Convenient swim step for getting in and out of the ocean.
- Blue-tooth compatible stereo system so you can play all your favorite tunes right from your phone.
- Accommodates up to 6 guests.
- The boat is fully stocked with towels, snorkel gear of all sizes, life vests for the little ones
- SUP (standup paddle boards), noodles and floatation devices
- coolers with ice
- non-alcoholic beverages and an assortment of snacks are also provided.
- You’re welcome to bring along any adult beverages you’d like, and a picnic style lunch.
Aboard Kaha Loa you’re not limited to just one activity for the day. The crew of Kahalo specializes in custom charters from Maui’s Lahaina harbor. Charters are available in the morning and afternoon daily. Morning trips typically leave around 8am. Afternoons between 12 – 2pm, be we can adjust the times as necessary.
Popular Maui activities include:
- Fishing. Top of the line equipment and a wide variety of lures to target any game fish in Hawaii, both trolling (sportfishing) or bottom fishing. If you’re a dedicated fisherman, we can be out at the buoys at dawn, but many families enjoy fishing nearer to shore, so they can enjoy a little snorkeling once the’ve landed your dinner!
- Snorkeling and SCUBA diving! GoPro, and an underwater point-and-shoot cameras ar available to capture the fun (additional charges apply for SCUBA)
- Whale watching! Every year, thousands of whales migrate down from Alaska to spend the cold winter months of December through April in the warm waters of Hawaii. During whale season you can’t miss ’em. Kaha Loa carries a hydrophone so that you can listen to whale songs through the boat’s speakers.
- Swimming with turtles. Everyone loves turtles, and this crew knows right where to find them.
- Stand-up paddle boarding. Take the board out to explore sea cliffs and caves up close, or get towed behind the boat for some extra excitement!
- Sunset cruise. Bring your adult beverages, pupus (appetizers), and cameras. Two hours is all you need for a sunset cruise along the coast.
Custom charter rates
Kaha Loa’s 2 hour sunset cruises are $1,600.00 plus 7.334% tax and fees. Anything over 2 hours is charged at the standard rate of $600 per hour plus tax and fees (gratuity not included. 10-20% is customary). A minimum of 4 hours is required for fishing and snorkeling.
Kaha Loa charges a $250.00 deposit at the time of booking, which is fully refundable up to 72 hours before the departure time. The remaining total will be due prior to the charter. The captain will be reaching out to you in advance of the charter to discuss the day.