Bottom fishing charters
UFO PARASAIL (UFO Adventures) operates three light tackle fishing boats: Cooper V, Mercury, and Kimmy V. All three boats leave from the island’s west side. Mercury and Kimmy V typically leave from Kaanapali Beach when conditions allow (zodiac pickup on the beach in front of Whaler’s Village). Cooper V, usually departs from Mala Small boat ramp, about 7 minutes south of there.
These are inshore, lighter tackle fishing trips targeting snapper, a variety of jacks, trevally, hogfish, goatfish, etc. Many of the fish are small – under 3 pounds in many cases. Other fish are larger, like gray snapper (uku), amberjack (kahala), giant trevally (ulua). On occasion, mahi-mahi, ono, and a variety of tuna (yellowfin, skipjack, etc.) can also be caught inshore. Deepwater jigging and live bait fishing are also available, but are usually reserved for more experienced anglers and are rarely operated during the summer. The captain will determine the most appropriate style of fishing for the day based on a number of factors including season, weather conditions, and skill level.
ABOUT THE BOATS
Specific boats will not be guaranteed. The company will mix and match to accommodate as many people as possible. Kimmy V and Mercury both accommodate a maximum of 6 passengers, with 4 fishing at one time (guests can share rods). Cooper V can accommodate two additional guests, for a total of 8 passengers. Groups of 7 or 8 will automatically be placed on Cooper V. If another party has already booked Cooper V they will be moved to one of the other two boats.
30′ custom center console with a large deck offering 360′ accessibility and a whipping platform. Fast! Mercury can get to multiple bottom fishing spots easily, increasing the time you have lines in the water. Friendly and skilled captain. Mercury does not have an enclosed head, but does carry a porable marine toilet for emergencies. Accommodates up to 4 anglers and 2 additional riders. Guests on private charters are welcome to bring their own gear for some inshore whipping/casting action. Limited shade. No bathroom on board.
Fast 31′ custom center console. 360′ accessibility with a large Bimini top for shade. Modern electronics. fish finder. Cooper V does not have an enclosed head, but does carry a portable marine toilet for emergencies. Departs from Mala Small Boat Harbor in Lahaina. Accommodates up to 4 anglers plus 4 additional riders. In addition to 4-5 hour shared and private charters, Cooper V also offers a 3-hour, “Intro to fishing” charter for families with younger children. Cost: $199.00 per adult/child pair (child aged 5-11). Maximum 4 pairs.
Ture World Marine 28” Diesel-powered with Cuddy Cabin and marine head. The lead captain, Terry Kellem, has operated traditional sportfishing charters here for years, but these trips focus on light tackle & inshore fishing. Trolling and standup harness, deep water & inshore jigging, live bait fishing (seasonal). Small bathroom onboard. Trips geared towards more experienced anglers. Longer private charters are available. Accommodates up to 4 anglers and 2 additional riders.
GENERAL INFORMATION (all boats)
- All fishing gear and tackle provided
- A cooler filled with ice and water available
- Guests supply their own food and favorite drinks
- Beer is permitted (cans only)
- Typical departure times: 6:00am, and 10:30am. Later departures are dependent upon the duration of the trip before
Private bottom fishing charters
|4 hour afternoon privates are possible following the morning charters. Departure times vary. 7 and 8 hour charters will be operated on Kimmy V.
* Prices do not include 3% harbor fee or 4.166% GET. An additional 2% credit card processing fee will also be applied to all credit card payments (please let us know if you plan to pay with cash).
- Passengers: Cooper V accepts a maximum of 8 guests (no more than 4 people fishing at one time), Mercury and Kimmy V accept a maximum of 6 guests (no more than 4 people fishing at one time)
- Prices above are based on 1-6 passengers. For every additional passenger on Cooper V a charge of $99.00 will be applied.
- Dates: Available 7 days per week.
- Typical Departure Times: 6:00am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm. Afternoon charter departure times vary depending on length of morning trip.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Suggested Minimum Age: 5 years and older to fish. No minimum age to ride.
Shared bottom fishing charters
|trip type||departs||angler rate*||rider rate*|
|4 hour||06:00am||$199.00 per angler*||$99.00 per rider*|
|4 hour PM||departure times vary||$199.00 per angler*||$99.00 per rider*|
|5 hour||06:00am||$219.00 per angler*||$99.00 per rider*|
|* Prices do not include 3% harbor fee or 4.166% GET. An additional 2% credit card processing fee will also be applied to all credit card payments (please let us know if you plan to pay with cash).|
- Tour Duration: 4 or 5 hours
- Passengers: Max 4 anglers and 4 observers/riders
- Dates: Available 7 days per week
- Departure Times: 6:00am. Afternoon departure times vary.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to departure
- Minimum Age: 12 years and older.
- Minimum number of anglers to confirm trip: 3